WEP commonly refers to the Wired Equivalent Privacy which is defined as a security protocol used for the purpose of working with the wireless local area networks (WLAN). It is generally of 64-bit key with 10 hexadecimal digits added to it or a 128-bit WEP key with 26 hexadecimal digits added to it. This encryption will further help in preventing malicious users to connect to your wireless network by protecting your wireless transmissions from being accessed by other users.
How to access a Belkin Router’s WEP Key
So, this blog will guide you on how to access a Belkin Router’s WEP Key with the proper instructions to move ahead with this process. The below steps are guided by a professional team member of Belkin router technical support section:
- Initially a user is asked to connect the computer to one of the four Ethernet ports located on the router.
- Next, you are required to access the web-based setup page by accessing a web browser.
- Click on the “Security” option on the wireless pane.
- Selection of the 64bit WEP from the drop-down menu list and then select Key 1 by entering any 10 hexadecimal digits is essential according to the Belkin router support number professionals. You can surely work with a combination of 0-9, A-F. If a user is selecting 128-bit, then he/she needs to enter 26 hexadecimal characters.
- Alternatively, entering of preferred password in the Passphrase field is recommended and then click on “generate” option.
- Further, the router will generate a WEP key automatically.
- It is essential for users to set up their Belkin router’s wireless security now successfully.
- Once the password has been set up, next, a user can easily connect devices to their wireless network.
Belkin router issues can arise at any time and so it is necessary to take a professional advice from Belkin router customer support professionals, available online 24 hours a day with instant service. Customers facing numerous issues with Belkin routers can get in touch with our skilled technicians who bring super class router solutions at your home with the best-industry results at feasible rates. We are engrossed with highly trusted and certified experts who deal with troubleshooting of any kind of Belkin router software errors. So, if you are searching for the greatest Belkin router package, here you can discover the correct guidance provided by Belkin Tech Support executive. We deliver exceptional working acquaintance and assure our clients fully satisfactory upshots. So, pick up your call and dial at our number +1-800-889-4715 which is toll-free.